Sunday, August 2, 2009

A couple of things I learned

So I just discovered this blog, A Thrifty Home, and have been all over it today! I am excited to report I have learned a couple of things.

FYI, this is probably very boring to read unless you have a deep relationship with my kitchen.

1st, I found out what that nasty stain is on my refrigerator water tray. It has been stained since we bought the house, with some sort of yellow scum that was impossible to remove. I tried everything I could think of.... mainly scrubbing it and running it through the dishwasher. Then I gave up for two years because I am a quitter. Well, with the help of the above mentioned blog, I learned that this was a hard water stain and to soak the sucker in vinegar for 20 minutes.... and tada, with a little scrub-scrub, it's clean, for the first time in two years.



(The above are not my pictures..... I can't be bothered by taking befores and afters of things like this.)


2nd, I learned that I can get Tip-Out trays for my kitchen. What are these, you ask... This is what they are.

They save you from having to keep a sponge and other such necessities on your counter, which is a total pet peeve of mine, by the way. I have seen this feature before, but I thought they were only for fancy new kitchens. And I have never had a fancy new kitchen. Anyway, it turns out there is a kit you can get, if you have those fake panel drawers under your sink, which I do. So guess what I am getting for my birthday! Lame, I know. But it's that kind of stuff that makes me happy.

Anyhow, just thought I would share all that with you.

P.S. If you knew all this already, and think I am an idiot for just learning and being so excited about it.... well just don't tell me to my face so I can still be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks!