Friday, April 2, 2010

My Marriage is Five Years Old

it throws tantrums sometimes.  it throws fits.  sometimes it wants what isn’t best for it.  and sometimes it pushes buttons just because it can. 

and more often then not, it’s logic does not make sense. 

it prefers instant gratification over preparation.

but it is learning.  and trying hard.  it is loving and it is respecting.  

and, like a five year old, my marriage is excited to grow up, 

and get to do the cool things that all the big kids are doing.  learn.  travel.  experience.  give more.  love more. 

my marriage looks ups to it’s parents and grandparents. it has had many good examples. 

and it seems like being a 30 or 35 year old marriage is a long way off.  but it’ll come.  so long as it my marriage gets taken care of.  you know, staying healthy and safe.  going to bed on time.  and saying its prayers. 

it has much to look forward to. 

but for now, my marriage is happy being five years old. 

(happy wedding birthday to grant and me!)

scan0001

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute tribute. Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet, Brei. Love it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brei, you have such a way with words. This is very cool...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks!