Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Brei and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

It's 20 degrees. Grant has me driving across town doing miscellaneous errands for him. I am in my work out clothes and a little jacket. In the midst of these errands, I lose track of time and end up rushing to pick up Jagger from Mother's Morning Out. I get in, I get out, and buckle up both boys tight in their car seats. As I slam the back door of the Jeep... I lock them in, along with my keys.

Why, oh why, can't my three-year-old get out of his own car seat and open the door for me? I guess it's a lot to expect since I have a hard time unbuckling his seat most days. Oh, and why are my pants paper thin and my ankles showing when it is 20 degrees? NOT GOOD THINKING, Brei Anne!

Fortunately, there are other mommies there that feel my pain. And one friend stood outside with me while we waited for the AAA guy to come and save the day. In the end, the kids were fine, and barely even cared that they were locked in the car for about 40 minutes. They didn't really even cry. But I guess I cried enough for all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks!