Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Poor Eating Habits

You already know there is lots of candy around the house this time of year.  So obviously my jeans are fitting a little bit tighter than normal.  Well, let’s make them as tight as can be, cuz mama wants some homemade donuts! 

I thought it would make this afternoon  extra special for the boys and me….   And it did. 

Here’s how we did it:

  • A  tube of refrigerated biscuits
  • Vegetable oil
  • Cinnamon and Sugar

Pop open the tube and separate the circles, and then use the lid of something in your refrigerator to cut holes in the middle. Save the holes for donut holes.
Pour some vegetable oil in a skillet 1/2 inch deep and heat it to about 375. Place the donuts in the oil, and they will golden brown fairly quickly~like 30 seconds or so
Then flip them to the other side, do the same. Drain them on paper towels, and then do the same for the donut holes. Those turn brown really, really quick so be ready.
Sprinkle them with cinnamon & sugar, or powdered sugar, or put glaze or frosting, or sprinkles, or whatever you fancy.

Recipe found via this blog.

 projects 008projects 014Anywho, it turns out the is the first time I have ever fried stuff in oil…. and, uh-oh,  I kinda liked it.  Watch out friends, it looks like I am the next Paula Dean.  

Actually, I only liked it while I was eating was eating them.  Minutes later I felt disgusting. 

Pop.  Yes, that was the button on my jeans. 

1 comment:

  1. you can't be Paula Deen without spelling her name correctly. Just sayin'
    oh also... those donuts look good. oh also... I can't believe you've never fried stuff in oil before. Who are you?!?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks!