Thursday, August 18, 2011

And off he went

to kindergarten. 

First day of School 006

A few important things about today:

He chose his own outfit and laid it out on the floor last night in anticipation of this morning.

He wanted to go to school about an hour early.

He’s the tallest in his class.

I think his teacher is going to be awesome. 

Although, he is bummed that they have a scheduled “rest time.” And he insists he doesn’t need the stuffed animal his teacher suggest they bring. 

He’s pretty mad that I don’t let him ride the bus.

(I’m kind of scared of it and the potential new words that may come with it.)

He’s not afraid to hug and kiss me in front of his classmates. 

Having a locker is super sweet.

When I warned him that he wouldn’t know any friends at this new school, he replied “That’s okay.  Cuz I know ME, and I am pretty cool!”

1 comment:

  1. I love the chalkboard to document the year. Good idea! And I love that he has no fear of a new school - I wish I could have had that attitude. Instead I think I cried on the bus and fell off the lunch bench spilling my lunch box everywhere. I was that cool. Congrats Jagger - I hope you have an AWESOME first day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks!